Fam.

I believe there's certain type of movies which is more relatable to you. I love movies and enjoy them pretty much in almost every genre. But the way I feel so 'attacked' is different when the movie tells story about family. Okay.. family culture on every part of the world can be quite different. I feel so close to story of Asian family background as I am Asian myself. Of course.

At the end of 2021, I watched 'Losmen Bu Broto' and 'Cinta Pertama, Kedua, & Ketiga' which both of them showcased conflicts between the family member. A quick recap, 'Losmen Bu Broto' was about one family ran an inn which was named by the mother, Mrs. Broto. Conflicts started when one of her daughters getting pregnant before marriage and Mrs. Broto asked her to leave the house. Meanwhile, 'Cinta Pertama, Kedua, & Ketiga' told the story of two families became one as the parent getting married.

Losmen Bu Broto (2021) - cr. imdb

Cinta Pertama, Kedua, & Ketiga (2021) - cr. imdb

Both movies were great, the story were delivered really well, supported by good casts. And I cried watching both of them, yep. I felt like the conflicts were similar even they're not the same. As a part of family and as a child of my parent, I often meet with expectation, honesty, disappointment, acceptance, and so on.

The feeling that overwhelmed me every time I watch this type of movie is always the same. I always come up with "o yes, I love my family too". Is that it? Hmm.. I don't think so. Then I recently realized that it's the bond of those families that I dreamt to be mine. It's the open talk and communication that I expect to have in my own family. To conveniently share your story to them, to tell them when and why you're upset about something, to open up about something without being afraid to be judged, to exchange opinion, or even to criticize them (parent or sibling) and give advices they need.

My very own fam always be close physically, but not emotionally. On one Lebaran day, when the children are supposed to 'sungkem' or to ask forgiveness to the parent, I unintentionally cried. I didn't know why. I felt like I was a bad kid, that been keeping my emotion or disappointment to either my parent or myself. But that's it, we never talked about it, about the reason. It's always "it's okay".

Back to the movie. It actually could make you learn about how the communication should be going among the family member. Even though, I believe every family have their own way to communicate. Because it somehow gives me the image of me having my own family with own children, how I wish we could share everything openly without unconvenient feeling.

Comments

Popular Posts